You are here: Intangir NetworkForumGeneral ForumsGeneral ForumLeaked Starcraft Battle report 3 - zerg versus protoss!
Pages: [1]
Leaked Starcraft Battle report 3 - zerg versus protoss!
  • Intangir
  • Global Moderator
  •  
Re: Leaked Starcraft Battle report 3 - zerg versus protoss!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 06:09:53 pm »

badass

i cant wait to try this out

i upgraded my computer and it should be able to handle it with ease now
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 12:28:35 pm »

looks ok, im trying not to judge it 2 much before I actually try it.

What did you upgrade?

I just went from a BFG 7900 GS OC 256MB to a XFX 4850 512MB. The 4850 is a dual slot, but it only costed 123$.

AMD has the 4770 released which is a 40nm, expect the 4850/4870/4890 at 40nm later this year.

• Intangir
  • Global Moderator
  •  
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 10:40:18 am »

i got a midrange amd dual core
a nvidia 9800

new harddrive
new mainboard
new ram, i think ihave 2 gigs now? or maybe 4 i dont recall for sure

either way its a massive difference in performance overwhat i had
i put all of what i had before into a machine for my son though and it is actually performing better than it seemed to for me, the only difference is he has a newer version of ubuntu (9.04) from what i had before

hes been playing spore on it with great framerates
this is on a nvidida 6800
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 11:59:18 pm »

lol, your sun must be about 4 now eh?

Anyway, AMD is definitely the way to go when you are on a tight budget. Without getting technical, even tho Intel high end stuff is much better I hate the direction they are taking with there chipsets, they arent giving us an upgrade path.

Anyway, I got my 4850 installed 2 days ago.... and all I can say is WOW. Im still running a DDR ram, old 939 CPU with a PCI-exp 1 slot yet a video card that costed me 123$ gave me well over double the performance increase.... Many games run much smoother and/or higher visual settings... But I still cant play GTA4, one of the worse ports ive ever seen in terms of performance Sad

Anyway, in Starcraft news: Looks like Blizzard is purposely omitting LAN option simple at a futile attempt to reduce piracy...

• Intangir
  • Global Moderator
  •  
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 10:49:47 pm »

ya i love those all of these fucking companies always penalize us paying customers because some people, most of which WOULDNT BUY THE GAME ANYWAY MIGHT try to steal it...

fucking stupid..
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 04:58:32 am »

Latest news ive read: You can rewind a replay.
But replays CANNOT be viewed online with others.....

Horrible trade IMO Sad Watching replays with Junior, Superkiller and Rage was always fun. It gave a chance to "take a quick break" from actually playing the game. We could either watch pro replays and comment on them or are own (that we just played) and comment on are mistakes.

I always felt war3 clan failed to keep momentum for three reasons
1# War3 is not as good as SC
2# Less control over maps you want to play (maps are randomized)
3# Cannot watch replays online with others

I really hope Blizzard changes there mind on this...

« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 05:02:56 am by Hotshot[SF] »

• Intangir
  • Global Moderator
  •  
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 05:57:24 pm »

starcraft is probably the best RTS ever made, and at this rate, will remain #1 Wink
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 01:52:51 am »

Blizzard has been VERY quit recently....

There are rumors that some sort of NDA will be lifted early October which is when the beta will be released. Others are saying it will be released at Blizzcon.

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 04:35:08 pm »

Well, we have a delay

Today we announced that StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty will not be ready for release by the end of 2009. Over the past couple of weeks, it has become clear that it will take longer than expected to prepare the new Battle.net for the launch of the game. The upgraded Battle.net is an integral part of the StarCraft II experience and will be an essential part of all of our games moving forward. This extra development time will be critical to help us realize our vision for the service.

Our mission is to develop games that deliver an epic entertainment experience. As part of that commitment, we will always take as much time as needed to ensure that our games and services meet the expectations of our players and the standard for quality that we set for ourselves as developers. As we work to make Battle.net the premier online gaming destination, we’ll also continue to polish and refine StarCraft II, and we look forward to delivering a real-time strategy gaming experience worthy of the series’ legacy in the first half of 2010.

We will share more details about the beta, Battle.net, and StarCraft II’s launch in the future. Keep an eye on the official website at http://www.starcraft2.com for updates, and as always, thank you for your continued enthusiasm and support for StarCraft II and all of Blizzard Entertainment’s games.

• Intangir
  • Global Moderator
  •  
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 06:01:59 pm »

hehehe it wouldnt be a blizzard release without delays

broodwar was what 2 years delayed?
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 10:22:10 am »

Broodwar was released in the same year as Starcraft (1998). Starcraft vanilla was shown at E3 at 1996, but took a full two years before it was released.

Between the no LAN, three expensive for each campaign, no BETA in the summer and these delays lots of peeps are angry at Blizzard.

Pages: [1]
You are here: Intangir NetworkForumGeneral ForumsGeneral ForumLeaked Starcraft Battle report 3 - zerg versus protoss!
Jump to: