You are here: Intangir NetworkForumGeneral ForumsGeneral Forumtrying to update server..
Pages: [1] 2
trying to update server..
  • Intangir
  • Global Moderator
  •  
trying to update server..
« on: August 03, 2010, 09:14:22 pm »

im having a hard time getting the server software with all the mods ive made over the last 7 years, which are now basically all obsolete anyway.. to update

i think i might just start a fresh install, with a fresh portal and fresh database with zero posts and zero users

we have like 600 members and only maybe 20 of them have been here in the last year so ..
i think its about time for a massive house cleaning
  • Intangir
  • Global Moderator
  •  
Re: trying to update server..
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 11:47:11 pm »

ya ..
its a damn nightmare trying to convert some of these things to work with the ancient extremely modified code ive got..

its also a pretty bad nightmare trying to get the old theme i want to use for soulfire to work on the new one either...

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 02:53:23 pm »

yeah, thats the problem using these types of forums, they can be a nightmare to alter and manage.

btw, if you can come up with something, id consider helping out code some sort of clan tools. Im not all that bad when it comes to web dev stuff, ive recently completed a project where I wrote a CMS for both the intranet and internet for a company. Other then tinyMCE and its two pluggins, I coded everything from the ground up.

• Intangir
  • Global Moderator
  •  
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 05:03:54 pm »

cool
im going to keep using SMF, just a newer, more stock version of it, dont need all the old wow modifications i made
also the tinyportal package that im using is the real issue, there is no upgrade from the version i have now to the latest which i wanted to use

• Chief21[SF]
  • SoulFire
  • Alias: AndromedaAngel
    Alias: AngelCouple
    Alias: Chief21
  •  
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 10:36:13 pm »

so Doom, we gonna do an all night webpage session again, where you do some tweaking and I keep refreshing and telling you on the phone what I see wrong?

ahhh the good old days...

and I mean old... geez we got old can we even stay up all night anymore?   grin

The one, the only, the original
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 01:06:18 am »

what was your old alias chief? I dont recall you being in BW SF clan...

but anyway, with all the RAM and all the CPU cores along with vmware: These days you can build and test your site all from a single PC.

• Chief21[SF]
  • SoulFire
  •  
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 08:36:44 am »

still had the same alias Hotshot.

Little history lesson time, back in the day there was a guild called SoulFire.  and BattleNet had chat rooms back then too.  And the person who started this group, went away to college and the guild started dying.  But one day someone popped into the chat room and said hey do you want to help me rebuild the guild? 

That was Doom-Gaze.  And we did. And SoulFire grew.

For 20 bonus points who can name the original founder of SoulFire (before Doom-Gaze)... And Eric... You don't get to try to answer  tongue

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 11:12:01 am »

I dont know, but wasnt soulfire a quake guild before SC/BW with trigger as a mod? So my guess would be trigger?

Did you leave early or something, I have a soulfire roster saved from like 2003 or so, and you arent on it. Its why I asked.

• Chief21[SF]
  • SoulFire
  •  
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 12:23:54 pm »

i had stopped being active back in 1999 when I was going through my divorce. I always peek in to make sure everyone is doing ok.  Couple years ago I found out doom was playing WoW (because my new wife told me he was... ain't she great?)  We played WoW together for a time... Wow just couldn't hold it for me.  

Let's see Doom and I have played together :

Starcraft
Diablo
Warcraft
Diablo 2
Ultima Online
World of Warcraft

I think I am forgetting some here shit I'm getting old. Yo Doom help me out here what am I missing?

• Intangir
  • Global Moderator
  •  
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 06:23:36 pm »

thats right you were on ultima online for a while too werent you Wink

hahah ya geez..

ya chief is one of the originals
chief tanked and trigger and me were for sure there

i think a few more MAAYBE were also

and no one is going to remember the original guy, but i do Wink

but no it wasnt trigger, the Quake stuff wasnt till some time after wed already been around

and btw, chief's original name was Chief21-{SF} we had different tags originally, till blizzard made them not possible anymore, then we switched to [SF], but original members still had the -{SF} tags for .. years.. i still had one up until like '08 i think.. hell maybe it still exists

Doom-Gaze-{SF}
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 06:25:24 pm by Intangir »
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 06:54:52 pm »

Common doom, you forget how long ive been here? I remember those days. That being said, I dont have that nick neither.... I attached the document, it was made in 2002.

Funny thing after this thread this morning I was thinking about some old games.

I still remember my first big Soulfire FFA: me, extragan, subcool, fireice, pyro and trigger. Extragan was the first to go down, and fireice and pyro secretly allied themselves, despite this, trigger ended up owning them. First time I was impressed by someone skill in soulfire.

I also remember how I would dominate on island maps, and my first win vs both you (doom) and trigger in separate 1v1 were in dire straights.

Or the 2v2 with me and tanked vs superkiller and thrust. At that point in time we were "top" most skilled players in soulfire, so it made for a very interesting game. BTW, me and tanked won Tongue

Looking at the roster:

I remember Sport and his spam. He was from the same trigger/subcool group, but they didnt seem to like him very much.

masterPYRO: Spammed along side me for a few weeks, he also knew VB and PHP.

Bob.studley: Cocky and always thought he was better then me, despite only ever beating me in a single game. He even made an alias which he promoted himself with. Plan kind of fail apart when he asked me to play on his alias vs him, and I ended up stomping him (and I had even offered to throw the game, but he was so sure of himself).

Thrust: Even more cocky then Bob.studley, and had more skill then him. I had to focus to beat him, he had some skills.

jrcole: Friend of mine I know in real life. Played with me, superkiller and rage about 2-3 hours most night for a year or so.

fenix: Took over as "leader" of the war3 soulfire clan for a while..

g3cko: High APM, many people bashed his skill and said APM were useless. I always knew he would be good, and ended up gaining lots of skill, even challenging me and superkiller in some games.

Rage: superkiler buddy.

IckyPoopy: gametreat guy.

Jaclim: Used spam bot, I caught him tho.

Good old memories.

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Intangir
  • Global Moderator
  •  
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 07:40:02 pm »

hehe
ya youve been around a long time too but soulfire was already like at least a year old by the time you came along

i gave tanked general of starcraft after i stopped being quite as active as i had once been (in starcraft)

IMO the best 3 during my prime days were me, tanked, and trigger Wink

during my glory days i was undoubtably #1 in the clan Wink

everyone was afraid of me it was rare anyone beat me even in FFAs Wink
but eventually i stopped playing quite as much and my skills dwindled

my record was something like 680+ wins and like 20 losses Wink
and that was in like 2000 or earlier

i didnt have alot else going on in my life at that time so i could get away with it, not quite the case anymore, but i can still make time Smiley
  • Chief21[SF]
  • SoulFire
  •  
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 11:31:23 pm »

Doom you were the best back then in all but one area.... protoss cannons.... no one could build them like me!

evil

I had what 200+ cannons that one match against you?

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 01:42:08 am »

lol, good stuff. i'm gonna try and get tanked back on here, last i heard he was in north carolina making aeroplanes
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 11:19:33 am »

wow, looking at my old backups, it looks like I got these reps...

The oldest being the 6FFA which was in 2002 July 7th. Problem is, id need to find and install an old SC patch to even make it work.

In that FFA, I had a 32 APM, no wonder I was bad back then Tongue These days I get from 140-160 and ive done over 200 in short intense games.

Pages: [1] 2
You are here: Intangir NetworkForumGeneral ForumsGeneral Forumtrying to update server..
Jump to: