You are here: Intangir NetworkForumGeneral ForumsGeneral ForumNeed a party of 4 or more for cave exploration and fortification
Pages: [1] 2
Need a party of 4 or more for cave exploration and fortification

There's a large cavern directly beneath my monastery. I went down by myself initially, but found that it seems to go on forever and there are too many MOBs for me to handle alone. I saw a cross-section of this cavern when I fell off the Southern edge of the world. It's got some lava at that end, and that's my desired item at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if there are rare elements though. I know that there's a huge ravine to the north; and it very well might link up to this cavern.

There's a whole floor of my monastery dedicated to guests and a public garden for food out back. There is a LOT of spruce wood, sugar cane, and cactus nearby. You should bring your bed so that if you're killed in the caves or mine, you'll re-spawn close by (Monastery's second floor).

\\\"The miracle is not to walk on water. The miracle is to walk on the green earth in the present moment, to appreciate the peace and beauty that are available now.\\\" ~ Thich Nhat Hanh<br /><br />My Craft Business:<br />http://luckycatcrafts.zohosites.com/Home.html
Re: Need a party of 4 or more for cave exploration and fortification
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 03:49:25 pm »

Sounds cool, ill help explore and provide whatever protection i can. But if your gonna use that ravine can i plz claim it? Ihave this underground city idea i want to build.

A man like me just needs infinity
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 07:39:54 pm »

I'm up for it sometime. PM me to let me know where it is and any supplies I might bring.
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 12:15:36 am »

If it is not too far I'll join in, send me a message as well on the website
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 01:51:11 am »

Well, my plan is to pacify the caves by placing torches in such quantity that it's impossible for hostile MOBs to spawn. We will have to fight them while we place the torches, but after that, we can mine to our heart's content without too much to worry about...

Items you need to bring:
Armor
your Beds
torches (whatever you got lying around is fine, I'll be making these almost exclusively for a few days to prepare)
weapons
buckets of water and snowballs if you have them

I'm thinking thursday or friday would be a good day for this since I need to prepare many stacks of torches and make a lot of bread.

brainlesszombie5, if you build a minecart track through to my monastery, and I'm allowed to mine there occasionally, then you can have it. I've already started a tunnel to it.

PMs with coordinates coming

\\\"The miracle is not to walk on water. The miracle is to walk on the green earth in the present moment, to appreciate the peace and beauty that are available now.\\\" ~ Thich Nhat Hanh<br /><br />My Craft Business:<br />http://luckycatcrafts.zohosites.com/Home.html
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 05:25:13 pm »

Little bit of helpful info.

Mobs need a light value of 7 or less to spawn.

Torches give off a light of 14 at the torch, losing one value each block the light travels from the torch.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Spawn

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Light

Basically, just spam torches.
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 10:52:39 pm »

Today I was gonna check tht cave out with a stack of torches my best armor and weapons and food but somethings come up and i doubt i can get any time into MC for another week or two but if i do log in a couple days i wont stay long. So ill try to squeeze in as much time in as i can.

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 02:24:11 am »

[ author=brainlesszombie5 link=topic=2449.msg17001#msg17001 date=1362545559]
Today I was gonna check tht cave out with a stack of torches my best armor and weapons and food but somethings come up and i doubt i can get any time into MC for another week or two but if i do log in a couple days i wont stay long. So ill try to squeeze in as much time in as i can.
[/]

Whenever is fine. If I'm not online, it's in that big pit behind the fence in my basement. All the way at the bottom blocked by dirt blocks. Once you're down there, I've explored a short ways to the right, but the left is terra incognita. I was unable to place torches on the left and I assume it's a huge room. I'm making a ladder just in case.

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 06:45:44 am »

9 stacks of torches made so far. Currently cutting wood like mad trying to make 50 - 100 stacks of torches.

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 07:35:39 pm »

That seems a bit excessive, especially if everyone brings their own stack, but hey, whatever floats  your boat.  afro
  • Intangir
  • Global Moderator
  •  
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 04:41:29 pm »

hahahah shaman is still new Wink
apparently not sure how many torches are needed
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 07:15:59 pm »

True. Also, it's probably more efficient to bring a stack of wood and a few stacks of coal and make torches as needed, on the spot.
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 09:33:30 pm »

I really want to see this place but my luck going by my self id die and lose all my stuff. This weekend would anyone be willing to acomping me on this expedition id really appreciate it.

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 11:58:09 am »

I made 22 and a half stacks of torches. Then I hollowed out the inside of a tree and made it into a tower over 113 blocks high by planting trees on top of trees.

Not only can I see my house, I can see the edges of the render in all directions. And I've planted another tree up there... I'm aiming for an epic height of 255 (as high as you can go).

===

There seemed to be some confusion as to how I obtained a bed. I found it in the middle of the woods in my biome (where I'm alone for now). I left it alone for 4 days. I came back, and there was still no sign of activity. No nearby mines, hobbit holes, farms, signs... nothing. Not so much as a torch. I asked those online if they knew who owned it. Nobody had a clue. At this point, I figured it was abandoned and took it home. It was unfortified. If someone does come back asking what happened to their bed in the middle of the woods, I'd like it if they would send me a PM.

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2013, 12:04:22 am »

That sounds like it was a temporary bed of some nomad, probably fair game or even just meant for public use.
Pages: [1] 2
You are here: Intangir NetworkForumGeneral ForumsGeneral ForumNeed a party of 4 or more for cave exploration and fortification
Jump to: