You are here: Intangir NetworkForumGeneral ForumsGeneral Forumunderground news on sc2?
Pages: [1]
underground news on sc2?
underground news on sc2?
« on: February 23, 2009, 11:43:23 am »

anyone know about any beta release rumors that might b valid?

ive been playing bw alot lately actually, almost everyday
people on bnet have build orders down to an art, the game has gotten alot more difficult, but the key to having fun is NOT to play bgh (like always)

im a little worried mechanics wont change enough in sc2 to create a learning curve for ppl playing now, i want a new game , but then in comparing warcraft to warcraft 2 for example there was plenty
w/e

and in that same note, is anyone here planning on getting into sc2 seriously?
because if doom isnt then im definitely down to make a clan for it
  • Intangir
  • Global Moderator
  •  
Re: underground news on sc2?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 12:26:08 pm »

im definately going to get it, ill have to wait and see how fun it is before i take it seriously or not Wink

i havent been playing any RTSes for a while now mainly because you have to give it extreme focus for 30+ minutes usually which is hard with a wife and kid Wink

games like FPS, turned based games and MMOs like wow allow for alot more interruptions Wink

im getting pretty pissed off at WoW though. its so imbalanced and .. retarded right now

my class went from being 100% awesome fun to being real bullshit. so many classes i cant really ever fight now in BGs or arena because they OWN ROGUES...

at 70 i was practically a god Wink now at 80 im like a jackal that can only make kills if they are already wounded and under attack from others.. and then only get my shot in and run... rogues die in 3-4 seconds from half the classes

the entire pvp landscape is ruined, imbalanced and too quick.

i am thinking of trying out TF2 but my computer is too crappy to handle it yet. i just bought it but cant run it reliably

i played diablo2 for a while too but got bored quick. its just not as interesting as wow.. but unfortunately wow is borked right now ;(

im hoping wow gets fixed

maybe SC2 will be alot of fun too

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 03:29:33 pm »

doom are you telling me that you cant play 30+ minutes of rts but you can play wow? 
from my memory wow is at least an hour at a time kind of game
but i guess u can step away, good point

i had no idea you had a wife and kid, thats awesome congrats

yea i see ur point on making sure its good first
i wasnt too enthralled with war3
the heroes killed it for me

• Intangir
  • Global Moderator
  •  
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 01:51:07 am »

ya the heroes and the smaller unit counts are what ruined it for me Wink
i think everyone on this site at least agreed Wink

but ya i play only pvp part of wow now

arena matches are .. actually retardedly SHORT now.. used to be about 4-6 minutes
now they are like 1 minute 20 seconds at the most
and the first 1 minute is prep time where you cant even kill eachother yet....

its fucking retarded

but ya BGs are at most 20 minutes and arent as hardcore intense so i can take a second during it usually if i need to without costing myself the whole match

i looooved that SC though... but ya i just cant handle that level of intensity for that long a sitting anymore Wink i could barely handle it then Wink i owuld get cold sweats, irregular heartrate, irregular breathing, cold extremities, dry mouth Wink

hehehehe its like my brain completely forgot to run the rest of my body while it was hyperfocused on the game.. Smiley

wow is only that intense in arena and like i said it never lasts more than 5 minutes so your body doesnt start dying on you while your not paying it attention hahahaha

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 08:34:14 pm »

well they are sort of killing the magic of starcraft to turn it into more of a newb game (anything that required skill = gone)... so im sure it will be fun and less intense. Sort of like war3 expect in space (minus heros and unit cap).

I know blizzard is scum, so im very worried b.net2 will cost a monthly fee.

All that being said.... im sure both both the campaign and custom maps (UMS) will be great.

And im not sure how closely you guys follow the news, but they are starting to have public beta keys contest. On top of that several months ago they announced that they are splitting up the game into 3 games (two expansions), were each game will focus on a specific race (for the campaign).

I am guessing it will be released in Q4 of 2009 (before Christmas) or in the first half of 2010.

• Intangir
  • Global Moderator
  •  
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 03:09:26 am »

oh thats sorta lame they are splitting it up in 3...
and ya i sure hope they dont charge for battle.net

battle.net sure was/is pretty awesome if you think about it.. its been around since diablo1 and has always been free and hosted a huuuge community and god knows how many millions of games now (well technically they dont host most of the games just set them up)

still pretty impressive

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 08:22:52 pm »

well every time someone ask if it will cost any money they always dodge... so it has me very worried.

I hope it will be setup so when someones gets disconnected from the game and/or b.net tries to reconnect you...

Seems 99% of the time id get disconnected from b.net in a custom map (war3) I either still had a internet connection and/or still able to keep talking to the players.

• Intangir
  • Global Moderator
  •  
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 12:26:13 am »

ya that used to happen to me too

if they are evading the question they will most likely charge..

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 04:17:53 am »

if we do start up a clan, I wouldnt mind giving a whack at coding a bot (maybe joint effort?). Been doing some networking related reading (TCP/IP Illisutrated Vol 1 by W. Richard Stevens) also done some winsock stuff...

Networking programmer is not really my main domain, but its fun stuff and id consider putting in the time seeing what I can come up with...

Would be neat if soulfire was a clan and one of the first to have a working bot.

• Intangir
  • Global Moderator
  •  
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 01:29:12 am »

id be more interesting in making cheats Wink
hahaha
or some sort of convenient enhancements Wink
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 07:02:48 pm »

I dont think it will be easy. probably a lot more work then SC:BW did.

• Intangir
  • Global Moderator
  •  
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 06:57:48 pm »

im sure it will be alot of fun either way
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2009, 01:24:26 am »

hmmm, first news I am really happy about since it was announced:

When a player buys the StarCraft II box at retail, they will have the ability to play on the new Battle.net for free.

For those listening to the latest Activision Blizzard conference call, Mike Morhaime also mentions it there as well.

Looks like I will actually end up purchasing this game after all.

edit: BTW closed beta signups started. Also the release date is Q4 2009 (Tentative).
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 01:26:15 am by Hotshot[SF] »

• Intangir
  • Global Moderator
  •  
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 10:32:55 pm »

so pretty much it wont ship before society falls apart

Pages: [1]
You are here: Intangir NetworkForumGeneral ForumsGeneral Forumunderground news on sc2?
Jump to: