Pages: [1]
Quick question...
Quick question...
« on: November 27, 2012, 04:45:02 pm »

Hey there,

So Hteragareth and I have some cows waiting by a nether portal. We were hoping to get them to our bases. Unfortunately, it seems they won't go through. I did some googling and as of 1.4, it seems like all passive mobs should go through the nether portal.

Does anyone know what we might be missing?

Thanks,
Elarim
  • Intangir
  • Global Moderator
  •  
Re: Quick question...
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 12:12:13 am »

try and lure or push them thru
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 03:35:29 am »

We tried, doesn't seem to work. This feature would really help repopulate animal farms after those griefers destroyed so many animals.
  • Intangir
  • Global Moderator
  •  
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 07:16:30 pm »

well its not disabled. if it works on another server it should work here too, just have to figure out exactly how i guess
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 05:04:12 am »

I have an unrelated question - I can't seem to fortify neither an item frame, nor the object placed within it. Any item frame I place can be destroyed in less than a second.

Is there something I'm missing?
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 07:22:22 am »

bavk to the original i got  a dog and he went thru the stargate, try pushing an animal thru the stargate and see if that works..  i am curious if it works
  • vbelac
  • Public
  • Alias: vbelac - Steam
    Alias: (◕‿◕✿)
  • jorts are cruise control for a swanky life
  •  
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 12:17:40 pm »

Elarim, Item Frames can't be protected. Citadel doesn't see it as an actual block so it won't protect it.
Alternatively, you could cover it with glass or something and protect the glass.. that's really the only alternative at this point.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 12:19:16 pm by vbelac »

Stay Determined.
  • Intangir
  • Global Moderator
  •  
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 10:28:11 pm »

dogs only go thru because they teleport to wherever you are in the overworld, and stargate is instant point to point transportation

they arent actually going thru stargate, they are only teleporting to you after you do

and ya item frames unfortunately are not blocks, just like pictures, so they cant be protected with citadel yet, maybe they will add it (or i will if possible) in the future
Pages: [1]
Jump to: