Pages: [1]
Art School Scam?
Art School Scam?
« on: April 06, 2013, 09:33:55 pm »

I'm researching an art school/university and it says its a scam and over priced, so I researched another and they also had files that reported the school to be scams or over priced. Are all art schools such as full sail and art institute scams? If so how could a person persue a career in art like graphic design or game design. I'd like to know because I want to be prepared and ready even at a young age.

A man like me just needs infinity
Re: Art School Scam?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 10:37:57 am »

Go to a regular old four-year university. Or even start at a community college. Many offer graphic design programs and a public university is going to be about as good as but half the price of Full Sail, etc. Some offer game and simulation related degrees.

If you want to go into game design, figure out which part of it you want to specialize in. If you want to be an artist, then look for 3D animation or design courses. If you want to be a programmer, look into software development degrees. If you want to do a mix of the two, there are some specialized programs in things like Game and Simulation Design, where you learn how to animate, program, and design games, digital movies, simulations, and so on. Creative Writing is also a good minor if you want to be a lead designer for story-based games.

• Intangir
  • Global Moderator
  •  
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 01:03:45 pm »

anoddhue you going to join us back in game anytime soon?
haven't seen you lately, servers been more active lately. also alot of big projects are tieing the world together a bit more conveniently
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 08:26:18 pm »

Check out the G30 Degree Program, Courses are taught in English in major Universities in Japan.

I'm applying at University of Tsukuba for Agricultural Biology. It's way cheaper than Kokugakuin ($80,000 cheaper in tuition alone)and local community colleges, the school helps you get a bai-to (part-time job), waives fees for first year students, waives fees and tuition for students that are academically above average, provide scholarships to students who get a high score on the entrance exams*, provides very cheap but good dorms for all foreign students because Japanese apartments are difficult to apply for and typically want the first 6 months' rent upfront, includes medical insurance and trips to doctors and dentists cost $3, foreign students get a discount at the cafeteria and can cook in the dorms, and the school's budget office included a beer/sake tab in their estimates....

*I'm doing Khan Academy courses in Arithmetic and Biology in hopes of testing out of Calculus and Biology basics classes and obtaining a 1st class scholarship; leaving me with $2,000 surplus instead of $6,500 Debt.

I know Khan Academy has Art courses, and I'm not sure about the G30 program having art schools in it, but it couldn't hurt to check. If it's in there, I'd go to the Kyoto University of Art, it's situated near an ancient Buddhist temple and within a short train ride to Shigaraki Village, home of Japan's Ceramic Art industry (and my pen-pal, Kanzaki Shiho).

\\\"The miracle is not to walk on water. The miracle is to walk on the green earth in the present moment, to appreciate the peace and beauty that are available now.\\\" ~ Thich Nhat Hanh<br /><br />My Craft Business:<br />http://luckycatcrafts.zohosites.com/Home.html
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 10:50:37 am »

[ author=Intangir link=topic=2501.msg17258#msg17258 date=1365707025]
haven't seen you lately, servers been more active lately. also alot of big projects are tieing the world together a bit more conveniently

[/]

Probably soon, I have been incredibly busy at work as of late with added responsibilities since my boss has been out of town a lot. I want to finish the buildings I am working on in/around NH and help out with some of the tunnel/rail projects I've been getting messages about. But real life comes first.  afro
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 08:13:26 pm »

[ author=anoddhue link=topic=2501.msg17284#msg17284 date=1365871837]
[ author=Intangir link=topic=2501.msg17258#msg17258 date=1365707025]

[/]

Probably soon, I have been incredibly busy at work as of late with added responsibilities since my boss has been out of town a lot. I want to finish the buildings I am working on in/around NH and help out with some of the tunnel/rail projects I've been getting messages about. But real life comes first.  afro
[/]

Yeah, the tunnel system is getting convenient. I will take a break from Math lessons tonight to build a station at the New Oasis to Yomi and New Haven to Sweetwater Shores junction. I'm also working on a Forge to Sweetwater Shores Tunnel and a Forest Island Monastery to Forge Tunnel. Elftheria and Sweetwater Shores are already linked by a surface rail. Yomi Village (Yomi-mura) is a city I'm constructing in the tunnel between New Oasis and the Junction. I'll be temporarily tearing up some 20 or so tracks in order to allow one to get onto a different track or continue as before or turn around and go back.

You're welcome to settle in Yomi if you would like to anoddhue.

\\\"The miracle is not to walk on water. The miracle is to walk on the green earth in the present moment, to appreciate the peace and beauty that are available now.\\\" ~ Thich Nhat Hanh<br /><br />My Craft Business:<br />http://luckycatcrafts.zohosites.com/Home.html
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 02:24:18 pm »

THANK YOU SHAMAN!  Alot of people have been asking me if the rail goes to New Oasis and Forge yet.

We appreciate all of your efforts in the inception and realization of the rail system.

Thanks again
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 08:07:52 pm »

[ author=SavanahMile link=topic=2501.msg17321#msg17321 date=1366662258]
THANK YOU SHAMAN!  Alot of people have been asking me if the rail goes to New Oasis and Forge yet.

We appreciate all of your efforts in the inception and realization of the rail system.

Thanks again
[/]

Your gratitude made my day. I was just chased out of a different forum (of which I had been a member since 2009) because I disagreed with the premise of a linked-to article and provided evidence to back up my position: which nobody could logically rebuff and which was declared invalid because of its inconvenient truthfulness. I also got turned down on a dating site... So I was kind of having a rough day internet-wise, but this definitely makes me feel better.

Pages: [1]
Jump to: