Pages: [1]
Evil beds
  • Commander
  • Public
  • Alias: Pedro
  •  
Evil beds
« on: August 13, 2013, 11:23:50 pm »

For the past few days, I've died and haven't respawned at my bed. There is nothing that could disturb it, blocks aren't touching it. I don't know what the freaking problem is. In fact, I just now tried to sleep in my bed to make sure my spawn was SET, and it killed me. It killed me and I was somehow warped to the nether and inevitably fell to my death. Lost alot of cobble product and other stuff. I don't think this is cool atall, beds are obviously glitched and needs to be fixed as soon as possible. It's getting really old. Countless times I've had to suicide 20+ times to spawn near civilization just to travel thousands of blocks to get back home. Then when I try to do something right by making sure my spawn is set, I GET KILLED BY MY OWN BED. And have to repeat the process alllll over again.

Beds need to be fixed fast.

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
  • vbelac
  • Public
  • Alias: vbelac - Steam
    Alias: (◕‿◕✿)
  • jorts are cruise control for a swanky life
  •  
Re: Evil beds
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 11:44:11 pm »

This. Mine only messed up once but it's a serious pain for anyone that lives outside the spawn area, and most of us do. If Intangir can figure out what might be causing this it would be awesome but I don't see how the bug could really be detectable in the code.

Stay Determined.
  • Intangir
  • Global Moderator
  •  
Re: Evil beds
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 11:37:13 am »

i don't think commander had set his bed since i changed the inventory switching code out

somehow he was lagging and when he got in his bed he fell out of the world
i put code in so that if you fall out of the void it warps you to the mainworld, (and vice versa) i didn't think i needed to disable vice versa cause you can't fall out of the world, but somehow commander did.

ive tested beds in a variety of conditions myself and i see no more bugs with them, i can't test under laggy conditions though because i have no lag between me and the server

i disabled the other way around warping, i think it may have other code that detects that lag/fallout and restores the situation

also there are nether roads all the way out to new haven already
Pages: [1]
Jump to: