Poll

Question: Do you want a fresh new map/world where we can build and race against each other like in the old days and start up a new community/town

Yes I want a fresh map - 2 (22.2%)
I want a fresh map, but want to keep same map we have now - 3 (33.3%)
No I don't like the idea - 4 (44.4%)

Total Voters: 9

Pages: [1]
A Fresh Map/World
A Fresh Map/World
« on: October 02, 2014, 09:53:18 am »

Hey , I have come back after awhile of not playing minecraft, and I know i might get some haters for this, but I feel we should get a fresh new world, and have all the community build together for awhile until expanding out and building their own towns, and have the race to best items we used to have back in the day.

aka SPINN3R_10810

EDIT:
I know alot of you have worked hard, and believe me , I have aswell , even in there past few days, But i am saying, if you feel that you don't want to lose all you hard work, lets have another separate world that we can have a fresh start on, perhaps maybe remove one of the old worlds?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 10:10:54 am by Consp1racy »

~SPINN3R_10810
Re: A Fresh Map/World
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 10:10:20 am »

my only gripe with this map is it's intended size,
even when we all started out, most players will always build something grander than others.  I personal don't have time and energy to build a city like Commander and vbelac and have you see The_Shanghai_Kids complex-George Michael Bay, Crystal Grove, there are so many amazing builders on here.  Even Intangir's little private Island.  So many unique places EgNEVERS complex, and Brainlesszombie5's incredible castles and walls.  I have one spectacular place to finish building but it will take me some time, I sure would like to be able to finish it, adn say I built one cool thing on this map like everyone else.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 10:12:43 am »

I understand, but then perhaps lets have 2 worlds? because there is only so much you can do in minecraft,

~SPINN3R_10810
  • Commander
  • Public
  • Alias: Pedro
  •  
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 10:33:19 am »

new world would be nice, but then it would split the population of the current world

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
  • Commander
  • Public
  • Alias: Pedro
  •  
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 10:34:34 am »

and extra hard mode is getting boring for me, so maybe a not-so modded world

I feel like I've reached the limit of what I can do with EHM, so that's my opinion

☯ You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self, only then will your true self reveal itself.
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 11:02:41 am »

Yeah, and maybe even a 1.8 non-modded world as suggested by Savanah

~SPINN3R_10810
  • Intangir
  • Global Moderator
  •  
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 12:15:37 pm »

As far as permanent worlds go, i think we have both ends of the spectrum covered with the current worlds

small/scarce/hard map with AF

large/abundant/easier map with VE

Not planning to make a new permanent world on the server in the future, weve already had 4 now

but i do have plans to add temporary worlds with experimental and new mods and features on the 'survey missions', they won't be long term worlds, most will probably be extremely volatile or prone to catastrophe Wink

i can't add 1.8, it is totally impractical, the default server is an extremely unstable resource hog with tons of bugs. So far 1.8 is still unmoddable.

When it is i might make a survey world with 1.8 so we can all check it out

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 12:22:04 pm »

Maybe remove the old map? VE i think it is, because i haven't seen one person on it, and for some reason i get heavy lag when playing on that world, just my opinion Smiley

~SPINN3R_10810
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 02:23:00 pm »

TL;DR - Open to new worlds, but I'm in no hurry to ditch AF in favor of starting fresh.

I suspect Intangir has more world options in the works--worlds that feature interesting mechanics that most people probably wouldn't want to see mixed into AF or VE. Everyone wants challenge and excitement, but most people are uncomfortable with putting their hard work at risk. However, once the thrill of the opening rush on a new map fades, then what? Start another new world? I suspect it's a short-term solution. Especially in light of the small population, and the world-exclusive inventory system.

In short: I'm not against new maps, and would be intrigued to see more worlds pop up, but I'm not in a hurry to abandon AF in favor of a new base world. I also like VE, but I simply don't have time to play on two worlds, and since there's no overlap between them (and for very good reasons), there's no practical incentive for me to maintain a strong presence in both. I think it's a good alternative if/when a certain level of exposure/population is achieved, and people might want alternatives.

In fact, I would be willing to consider the introduction of more challenges to AF before I'd be interested in starting over, but that's a purely personal preference. I might make a separate brainstorming thread just to elaborate on those ideas more.
  • Lynnarock
  • Public
  • Alias: Lord-Ragnarock
    Alias: Lynnch51
  • Arhemadan The Holy Pterodactyl God
  •  
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 07:09:16 pm »

I wouldn't mind seeing a 1.8 world, cause I want bunnies and sheep meat. But keep the AF if you do. We've put so much work into it, and it would be such a grand showcase Cheesy

Btw, I call dibs on ExtremeHills in whatever next world Wink

BRAAAAAAK!
Pages: [1]
Jump to: