You are here: Intangir NetworkForumGeneral ForumsGeneral Forumso, you think you going to start SF back up for sc2?
Pages: [1]
so, you think you going to start SF back up for sc2?
so, you think you going to start SF back up for sc2?
« on: April 02, 2008, 07:48:10 pm »

title says it all: Clan going to continue for sc2?

Its like every stopped posting :\

• Intangir
  • Global Moderator
  •  
Re: so, you think you going to start SF back up for sc2?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 06:21:32 pm »

i thought i already replied but i dont see my reply so ill do it again

i probably wont be starting up an SC2 clan unless i get into SC2
im not sure if i will or not

depends Wink
ill definately tell you if i do though
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 08:40:14 pm »

I am still worried it will even be a worthy game competitively. Blizzard is obviously trying really hard, but I dont have much faith in them.

I do know the the map editor will rule. Cant wait to play some interesting UMS maps..

• Intangir
  • Global Moderator
  •  
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 08:24:49 pm »

blizzard honestly is one of the best game companies out there

they put alot of time into their games, but the scale and scope of their projects is just so large and SOOO MAAAANY people play their games, theres obviously still alot of issues
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 02:14:01 pm »

ok doom, u asked for the speach:

blizzard does good games (sometimes, war3 is lame compared to sc) but there incompetence is unmatched.

Just take a look at there forums. It gets spammed VERY hard. Why is this an issue? This has been an issue for about 2-3 years now, and there are ways to decrement the spam with a couple lines of code. Why blizzard did not assign 1 programmer to fix this forum 3 years ago is 100% beyond me. Another big issue is that the message “the forums are down” comes up a lot. Either 100% the forums are down, or the search is down. Or people stretch threads so you need to scroll to the right to hit reply and scroll down to read the replies. Three issues that would EASILLY BE FIXED. Both issue 1 and 3 have third party fixes using a grease monkey scripts (sad when the customer give up hope in a company were they have to fix there bugs client side).

Or look at starcraft, how long have mineral hacks been public? What is worse is after months of mineral hacks we get a patch that does not fix mineral hacks but lets us play without a cd? wtf is up with that.

or how war3 has so many small stupid things that should of been fixed or upgraded form sc:
-filter in the custom map section only works on melee maps (WTF, wtf, wtf),
-game listings stops refreshing itself and you need to manually hit refresh every 40-50s or so,
-game countdown from 5 seconds were anyone can leave and f up the game but game count doest stop (this is a blast when the map takes 3-4 minutes to load),
-no lag bars so people resort to third party apps,
-when you join a game u just pop back into the channel randomly (what happed? host left? game glitch? Was I booted?),
-you search for a ladder game, glitch hits, BANG you get a loss,

There is also lots of weird things that could have been done to war3:
Let host move people, lag screen is transparent so when you chat it does not hide the text, have the game refresh itself (right now you need to close all slots then re-open them or use third party apps). Etc.

All that being said im 95% sure Starcraft 2 wont be nearly as good as Starcraft was, but it will but much better then warcraft 3.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 02:15:40 pm by Hotshot[SF] »

Pages: [1]
You are here: Intangir NetworkForumGeneral ForumsGeneral Forumso, you think you going to start SF back up for sc2?
Jump to: